Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crafty Holidays

The holiday season is upon us and for once in my 28 years of life, I might actually be ahead of the game.

My roommate has been doing Christmas shopping since October because she wisely decided that instead of buying gift for everyone all at once, it would be smarter to buy things over a longer period of time. While it's cut down on her stress it's certainly upped mine.

I know it still seems kind of early for Christmas shopping but her comments about how she only has two more gifts to buy is making me feel like I've waited until the last minute. It's a great motivator though! Due to the building panic, I actually have enough time to make gifts for a few people with my new found hobby.

First Three Rows
For one of her gifts this year, I've decided to make fingerless gloves. Ever since the weather has turned chilly, she's decided that fingerless gloves would be perfect for her at work and has begged me to make some for her. Of course I hopped on Ravelry.com and found a super nice, super easy pattern for Beginner's Wrist Warmers with Ridges.

I haven't gotten very far yet since I've only worked on it for 30 minutes or so and I can't work on it at home for obvious reasons, but so far so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment