Thursday, January 13, 2011

I won't be a dummy for long!

For Christmas, my roommate bought me Crocheting for Dummies. When I opened it I was thrilled. Most of my crochet training has been through a couple of sessions with my aunt and lots of time on the internet searching for illustrated and video tutorials. What's great about this book is that it is filled with everything I need to know and makes a great reference for stitches I may forget.

A great tool for beginners!
As I flipped through the book my roommate was concerned that I might feel offended by it or that the book would be below my skill level and totally useless. I love her confidence in my crocheting ability! There are some sections in this book that I'll probably never read since I have the basic skills down but there are many more sections that will be a great deal of help as I start working on more complicated projects.

So far, so great. This book has taught me a couple of new things already and has a lot of different stitches and techniques that I can't wait to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment