Monday, March 7, 2011

Time for a New Blanket

I've decided to almost entirely give up on the Hawaiian Flowers Blanket. Nothing I try seems to work and mostly connecting the flowers ends up looking ugly and makes me angry. Maybe I can used the flowers for something else...

ANYWAY, I've decided to work on a new blanket. I've wanted to work on a baby blanket before tackling a regular-sized blanket but I didn't know what I was going to do with the small one once it was finished. Then it hit me! 

Recently my family received an invitation to a baby shower for a cousin I pretty much NEVER see. It's likely I won't be able to make it to the party, but I was planning on sending her a gift. Since I've given up on the Hawaiian Flowers Blanket I have a ton of extra yarn and luckily for me two of the colors I was using were Pool Blue and Denim Blue; PERFECT for this new blanket since she's having a boy! As Charlie Sheen would say, WINNING!

Here's a picture of my first few rows:


Ripple Baby Blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment