Friday, June 3, 2011

First Baby Blanket

I wanted to make a baby blanket because its small size would be easier to carry around while working on it. The problem was that I didn't have a baby to give it to and I wasn't sure what I would do with something that small in size. Then it struck me, I DID have a baby in my family! My cousin Audrey (who I haven't seen since she was physically unable to have a baby) recently gave birth to her son Wyatt. As if it was meant to be, I happened to have two shades of blue stash yarn and immediately went to work.
The first pattern I tried was great. The instructions were easy to follow and it was starting to work up nicely but VERY slowly. Here it is when I started:


It was a single crochet stitch and was taking forever, plus the instructions only wanted me to crochet in the back of the stitch so the blanket was taking on a texture that was less than soft. At the same time I was making similar blanket with different instructions which was faster and much easier. I had to slightly modify the pattern but I think it turned out quite lovely! I can't wait to send it to Audrey!



No comments:

Post a Comment